WHO WE ARE...
SYNEXXUS serves both the commercial and defense markets. Our commercial hardware and software power the Industrial Internet of Things, controlling diverse systems from LED streetlights, to electric utility-class transformers, to fire extinguisher monitoring systems. Visit us at www.synexxus.com to learn more.
Now Hiring a UI/UX Developer to be responsible for developing the UI for a smart cities and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) platform. From a technical approach the selected individual must be able to create a streamlined, easy to use interface while at the same time using design best practices for a great look and feel. A key factor for this position is a blend of technical chops and digital marketing/design.
Travel Required: Some travel will be required, 5%
Essential Job Functions
- This position is both a technical and design position, as such, candidates should be able to demonstrate work in both areas
- Maintain a clean look and feel for the user interface, which will include data visualizations, reports, alarms, task management and remote operations real-time data links for smart cities and the IIoT
- Have a user-centric mindset and the skills to pull off what you propose
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with focus on programming, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience desired; however, your technical and design abilities are the most important factor
- Strong wireframing and prototyping skills
- Responsive site work and/or mobile development
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or other similar tool experience
- Understanding of the development process and testing cycle including bug tracking and formal code documentation and releases.
- Analytical, diagnostic / debugging / troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills required for integrating applications, systems, and equipment.
- SaaS experience is a plus
- AJAX, Backbone.js or other MV* based framework
- Skills integrating advanced reporting visualizations from applications such as Tableau
- Work on touchscreen Heads Up Displays (HUD) or Internet of Things (IoT) work
- Technical skills are great; however, design and technical skills are a winning combination
- Experience with common development and repository tools (i.e. SVN, GIT, JIRA, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
SYNEXXUS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws, as stated in the EEO is the Law poster.