WHO WE ARE...
SYNEXXUS serves both the commercial and defense markets. SYNEXXUS’ commercial hardware and software power the Industrial Internet of Things; monitoring/controlling diverse systems from connected cities to power transmission. SYNEXXUS’ rugged military products have been proven in combat supporting Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) teams spanning two operational theaters.
Now Hiring a Hadoop Developer to be responsible for curating the SYNEXXUS’ Hadoop ecosystem. This includes maintenance of the cluster of Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) devices, such as lighting controls and energy transmission monitoring/controls. As part of the role, you will be expected to bring knowledge relevant to predictive analytics, machine learning, sys admin and dev responsibilities.
Travel Required: 5%
Essential Job Functions
- Stand up and maintain a Hadoop ecosystem for smart cities initiative/Internet of Things
- Work with the team and clients to suggest innovative new ways to garner insights from data and develop new data models & KPIs
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, develop and introduce improvements across an entire portfolio of systems including lighting, energy transmission, smart cities and heavy industry
- Optimize clusters, ensure sustainability and security of data
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with focus on programming, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience – education is not a substitute
- Experience with MapReduce and HDFS
- Strong Java skills and Linux experience
- Strong teamwork skills and experience in a collaborative environment
- Understanding of the development process and testing cycle including bug tracking and formal code documentation and releases
- Analytical, diagnostic / debugging / troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills required for integrating applications, systems, and equipment
- Strong skills in writing and interpreting Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)
- Development of secure applications, specifically creating moats for Hadoop
- CDH 410 certification
- Programming skills with R or proven background in statistics (including coursework)
- Data modeling and visualization skills
- Experience with: Tableau, Cloudera, YARN, cluster tuning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
SYNEXXUS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws, as stated in the EEO is the Law poster.