WHO WE ARE...
SYNEXXUS serves both the commercial and defense markets. Our commercial hardware and software power the Industrial Internet of Things, controlling diverse systems from LED streetlights, to electric utility-class transformers, to fire extinguisher monitoring systems. Visit us at www.synexxus.com to learn more.
Now Hiring a Network Manager to be responsible for implementing a robust LAN/WAN network, including server installation, in multiple remote locations from the ground up. The Network Manager will also work on other SYNEXXUS projects, such as those described in the following paragraph.
Travel Required: Some travel will be required, 5-10% within the United States.
Essential Job Functions
- Install hardware, configure, maintain and ensure reliability of localized NOCs (4)
- Analyze network utilization, suggest improvements, where needed, and work toward peak network efficiency
- Take responsibility for servers and network uptime and maintain audit/event logs; configuration management; data storage and backup; and security management
- BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Strong teamwork skills and experience in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work in non-ideal conditions and climates for an entire shift
- Ability to climb, work at various heights, and lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to manage tasks with little to no supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively written and orally
- This role will be customer facing, must have the ability to interact with customers on a daily basis
- Strong network security hands on experience
- Load balancing optimization for low latency high throughput networks
- Experience working with applications that are both premise and cloud based
- Windows (required) and Linux (desired) experience
- Security certifications, such as CISSA, Security+, CISSP
- Other certifications, such as CCNA, CCNP
- Experience with Cisco networks and hardware
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
SYNEXXUS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws, as stated in the EEO is the Law poster.