WHO WE ARE...
SYNEXXUS serves both the commercial and defense markets. Our commercial hardware and software power the Industrial Internet of Things, controlling diverse systems from LED streetlights, to electric utility-class transformers, to fire extinguisher monitoring systems. Visit us at www.synexxus.com to learn more.
Now Hiring a Field Engineer/Hardware Installer to be responsible for implementing SYNEXXUS hardware and software in support of a wide range of SYNEXXUS projects, such as those described in the following paragraph.
Travel Required: Some travel will be required, 5-10% within the United States.
Essential Job Functions
- Install, Configure, Test and Commission hardware devices in the field
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and be able to perform quality assurance on integrated hardware and software systems
- Develop and execute on plans for hardware installations in fixed and mobile assets
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience minimum; 5+ preferred
- Strong teamwork skills and experience in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work in non-ideal conditions and climates for an entire shift
- Ability to climb, work at various heights, and lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to manage tasks with little to no supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively written and orally
- This role will be customer facing, must have the ability to interact with customers on a daily basis
- Strong experience with mechanical and electrical systems and the ability to read and interpret one-lines, As Built Diagrams, Electrical Drawings and Mechanical Drawings
- Must have hands on experience with one or more of the following: utilities/power distribution systems; security systems; environmental monitoring; Building Automation Systems (BAS) and controls; power metering; and/or submetering
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with power systems and voltages up to 600VAC
- Ability to write BOMs and SOWs with little guidance needed
- Knowledge of troubleshooting integrated hardware systems
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to train operators/workers on system capabilities
- Networking Experience a plus
- Industry relevant certifications
- Master Electrician is desirable, but not required
- Ability to develop logic diagrams or program using common facility controls software systems
- Past experience working with companies like Caterpillar, Siemens, ALC and Trane
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
SYNEXXUS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws, as stated in the EEO is the Law poster.